Sunday, December 26, 2004

Sipadan-Kapalai

What breathtaking view above and underwater. It was a more relaxing dive for me this time (I didn't puke for most of the wall dive!). Its true what CY said, "You get to see big stuff at Sipadan and small stuff at Kapalai". The only disappointment was no hammerhead as planned, although CY snapped a picture of a baby hammerhead caught by Tawau fishermen and sold for $1RM at a fish market, bah! :(

Am looking forward to the New Year Diver's Gathering next week (since I missed the Christmas gathering being away) to get all the photos we took for the dive trip. Also during this trip, I learnt to trust my instincts and free my mind from being judgmental. I learnt that you don't get to see the entire perspective to a situation hence dont be too quick to judge (thanks LG for the advice). As they say, "Accept what you can and cannot change. Knowing the difference is true wisdom".

Was glad I finished reading "Angels & Demons". Verdict = it was not as thrilling as "Da Vinci Code" but an interesting read nonetheless. Found out that the group I went with shared my reading interest (HB is reading Tony Parson's "Man & Wife" while CY is reading "Da Vinci Code"). I will get either "Deception Point" or "Digital Fortress" next *excited*.

Found out that one of my colleagues, err ex-colleague, is doing his open water dive at Koh Samui (Rye, hope you'll enjoy your trip amidst the tidal wave from Sumatra earthquake; glad you are ALIVE!). Am also quite worried about another ex-colleague who is back in Chennai, another area affected by tidal waves (Arun, hope to hear from you soon).

With the end of the year coming to a close, I pray that the new year will bring a brighter future for all. As for me, I can't wait to start work at my new place (Mum is right, when you have faith and stay close to Allah, he will guide you) Alhamdulillah. The entire 2004 has indeed brought me closer to GOD and I am thankful, Amen :)

No comments: